Last updated on October 7, 2020
Your privacy is critically important to us. At MedCare Clinic we have a few fundamental principles:
– We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
– We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
– We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your personal information.
– We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are MedCare Clinic and medcarecuracao.com is our website.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so — for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better. We collect this information from three sources: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our Services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us directly. Here are some examples:
– Basic information: We ask for basic information from you, for example, in order to setup telemedicine appointments with you. For example, we require individuals seeking our telemedicine service to provide us with their name, email address, and phone number.
– Payment and contact information: If you are, for example, seeking our telemedicine services, we’ll collect information to process the needed payment(s) and contact you. We also keep a record of the purchases you’ve made.
– Job applicant information: If you apply for a job with us — that’s great! You may provide us with information like your name, contact information, and resume or CV as part of the application process.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
– Log information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
– Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Services if and when you use our Services.
– Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (like when you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
– Stored information: We may access information stored on your mobile device. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions. For example, our Services may access the photos stored on your device when you upload a photo of your skin condition through our website.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
– To provide our Services. For example, to set up appointments, provide customer service, process payments, and verify user information.
– To ensure quality, maintain safety, and improve our Services. For example, by monitoring and analyzing how users interact with our Services so we can create new features that we think our users will enjoy and that will help them more efficiently or make our Services easier to use.
– To protect our Services, our users, and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; detecting and protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; fighting spam; complying with our legal obligations; and protecting the rights and property of MedCare Clinic and others, which may result in us, for example, declining a transaction or terminating Services.
– To fix problems with our Services. For example, by monitoring, debugging, repairing, and preventing issues.
– To customize the user experience.
– To communicate with you. For example, by emailing you to ask for your feedback; texting you to verify your payment; or calling you.
– To recruit and hire people for MedCare Clinic. For example, by evaluating job applicants and communicating with them.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that: (1) The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under the applicable terms of service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer our Services; or (2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or (3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience; or (5) You have given us your consent — for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We share information about you in limited circumstances, and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy. These are spelled out below:
– Third-party vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, cloud storage services, email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, registrars, registries, data escrow services that allow us to provide domain registration services); those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers); those that make tools to help us run our operations (like programs that help us with task management, scheduling, word processing, email and other communications, and collaboration among our teams); other third-party tools that help us manage operations; and companies that make products available on our website, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
– Legal and regulatory requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
– To protect rights, property, and others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of MedCare Clinic, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
– With your consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties when you authorize us to do so.
– Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share information that has been aggregated or de-identified, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
– Published support requests: If you send us a request for assistance (for example, via a support email or one of our other feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to clarify or respond to your request, or to help us support other users.
We have a policy that we do not sell our users’ data. We aren’t a data broker, we don’t sell your personal information to data brokers, and we don’t sell your information to other companies that want to spam you with marketing emails.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when it’s no longer needed for the purposes for which we collect and use it — described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information — and we’re not legally required to keep it. We may retain your information, including your medical information, for up to 10 years.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We monitor our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
– Limit the information that you provide
– Limit access to information on your mobile device
– Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. Just follow the instructions in those communications or let us know. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account and legal notices.
– Set your browser to reject cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our website, with the drawback that certain features of our website may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
– Request access to your personal data;
– Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
– Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
– Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
– Request portability of your personal data.
You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Contacting Us About These Rights
You are generally in control of the personal data you provide to us, but if you aren’t able to or you’d like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to “How to Reach Us” to, well, find out how to reach us. When you contact us about one of your rights under this section, we’ll need to verify that you are the right person before we disclose or delete anything. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by giving us written authorization. We may still require you to verify your identity with us.
Controllers and Responsible Companies
MedCare Clinic is the controller of personal information, which means that they are the company responsible for processing that information, based on the particular service and the location of the individual using our Services. Depending on the Services you use, more than one company may be the controller of your personal data. Generally, the “controller” is MedCare Clinic, the company that entered into the contract with you under the Terms of Service for the product or service you use.
How to Reach Us